Entrepreneurship is a powerful driver of innovation, passion, and creativity and is a very important part of the Canadian economy. It’s also an exciting and challenging journey!
In this course, you’ll find out how to take your business idea from concept to reality, using a design thinking process and following the Three Gears of Business Design framework.
The course includes:
- Learning how to build empathy and gain insight by listening to customer stories
- Defining unmet needs and identifying new opportunities
- Bringing your customer to life through personas
- Designing a seamlessly integrated journey through customer experience and prototyping
- Exploring new opportunities through experimenting
- Translating your vision into reality
- Designing a strategy as a system of activities
You’ll also develop many other “hard” skills around finances, marketing, and much more.
There are lots of opportunities to complete hands-on activities to practise what you’ve learned. The challenges you complete and the work you do throughout the course will become the basis for your business plan. We’ve put together helpful worksheets and resources that will help you with the tasks and material in the Check it Out section in each lesson.
Throughout the course, we also use an extended case study based on a fictional baby food business called Grow-Well to give you more examples and ideas; access Grow-Well’s full business plan in the Resource Library.
This course is challenging but is something that you can be very proud of doing! This is an MBA-level class that is taught at the University of Toronto, which has been adapted to focus on small business. And that’s some serious bragging rights.